Monday 8 November 2010

Fresh Modern Bee - November Blocks

This month for the Fresh Modern Bee on Flickr we were sent some gorgeous solids - right up my street!  Jessica - Quilthappie is making a quilt for her sister, these are her favourite colours and then she wanted just a small splash of red thrown in as her sister loves rubies.  I think these colours just sing!


I was originally going to to double wedding ring using my Go! Cutter, but the block would have worked out way to big, so I cut out the shapes using my cutter then did a bit of curved piecing around them.  I am really pleased with the end results and am definitely going to do a solids double wedding ring quilt - watch this space



4 comments:

  1. These are stunning, jewel like colours on charcoal grey- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my giddy aunt Mandy, those are amazing - I love them both but the first one with those shapes winding off the block is BRILLIANT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... they are REALLY nice! I love the way the colours pop out through there!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails