Wednesday 13 January 2010

Lap Quilt

Another day of being snowed in, the kids had another day off after going back to school yesterday, but somehow I got loads done today.

We made cakes, had fun decorating them, played in the snow and somehow managed to piece together this lap quilt!  It is made entirely from sample fabrics from a friend and works beautifully with the colours in the living room.  The fabrics are all very heavy velvets and brocades and I have ordered some Minky fleece to put on the back, I will be so snuggly!  The design is from the 'Quilt Yourself gorgeous' book by Mandy Shaw, really simple and very very quick to put together.  I love it!



There was a square left over to make a cushion with so that is nearly done too!  What a brilliant day.

Table runners tomorrow I think.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails